Serves 4 as a main
- 400g butternut
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Washed bag of rocket OR watercress OR baby spinach
- 3 beetroot
- 1/2 cup of tomato and basil feta
- Handful of mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees.
- Peel and chop butternut into squares and place on baking sheet. Toss the butternut in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven for 25 mins.
- Boil the beetroot in salted water (leave skins on) for 30 mins or until you can prick with a fork. When cooked, cool down and chop into squares.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl. Add butternut, beetroot, feta and seeds and toss with the balsamic vinegar and serve.
When avocados are in season they make a great addition
Option: If you'd like to add some meat, try including some streaky bacon.